Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Death Race 2000

Unrelated to anything, I was digging through my closet last night and I came across a tube containing a huge original "Death Race 2000" movie poster that I bought years ago. Buying it was definitely a bachelor decision, seeing as I don't think the soon-to-be wifey will find the poster nearly as cool as I do. (Mine is the Italian release: "Anno 2000 La Corsa Della Morte" if that classes it up any?) ...Not so much.

Anyway, if you've never seen it, you owe it to yourself to get your buddies together, go out and grab some low quality beer, and enjoy one of the worst 70's B-Movies you'll ever see. It's amazing, and terrible, all wrapped in a ball of awesome.

Tying art back into it, I bought the poster not only because the movie rules so hard, but because I love early movie posters, especially illustrated ones. Seeing as my marital status is about to change, this one will most likely end up in the garage instead of the living room, but  it'll always hold a special place in my heart... right next to all my other car related junk that my girl will never understand. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment