Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Custom tool box for the wifey.

My wife loves bikes. She's got four cruisers now, all from the 50's and 60's. Since most of 'em come from estate and garage sales, nothing is perfect, which is all part of the fun anyway. Some time ago, I decided she needed a set of tools of her own...it's what every woman wants right? :)  I have a few genuinely old beat up boxes that I could have given her, but I wanted this to be a clean start (on the inside anyway) so I went out and bought a new black Kobalt box, painted it red, then wet sanded it back. The pictures actually don't do it justice; in reality, the red letters pop more and the gold leafing is crazy bright. For a weekend job, I'm pretty happy with the results and she digs it too, which is always good!

No comments:

Post a Comment