Monday, June 21, 2010

Sins Of Steel 2010

***A few weeks ago, my home desktop had a catastrophic meltdown. Long story short and much cursing and angry glances at my now deceased computer later, I’ve lost a whole bunch of content. Needless to say, my blog entries are all screwed up as far as time lines go. I should be caught up very soon though, so bare with me.

That said, here's my better late than never entry about the Sins of Steel show.

Sins of Steel is a traditional car show held in Davisburg MI, possibly as response to Billetproof moving elsewhere. Whatever the drama that caused the break up into separate shows makes no difference to me… From where I’m standing it just makes for two traditional shows versus just one! This show happened to be particularly important to me, however, since i was able to debut my work for the first time! My buddy, and fellow artist/gear head Wayne split the spot with me and sold some of his illustrations. Being in the same industry as myself, cars come easy to him, but he also does bad ass caricature and Roth style monster work that I’m a huge fan of as well, and our work is different enough to complement each other, so it was a great mix. He showed up at the house around 6:30 am, and after a few checks over and under the cars, we were ready to head out!

Photobucket

Once we set up, we kicked back and started into the cooler of cold beverages, and proceeded to meet good people, sell some work, and enjoy the day! Here's Wayner and our setup.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was plenty of good stuff to look at, here are some of the cars I personally dug:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


..and who would wanna cap off a PBR filled day without a good ol' smokey, stanky rubber burnin session!?

Photobucket


good times for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment