Sunday, October 10, 2010

Swap meet.

Took the 54 out this morning on what could be one of the last rides of the season before it get cold and gray here in MI, and went out to a swap meet in Davisburg with a buddy of mine. As far as hidden gold, I cant say I ran into much that I couldn't live without, but i did find these hilarious things:

Nothin' screams hillbilly like Bud Spinners.


I did find a dude with a decent sized box full of little books from the late 50's to early 60's. He told me that he had had and entire set of them, and that he even had 11000 of them at one point. After leaving his spot and coming back to look again about ten minutes later, he told me that he had had and entire set of them, and that he even had 11000 of them at one point... again. You meet some interesting folks at these things. Anyway I managed to pick out a few that I found interesting content in. One in particular is especially cool. It's an R&C from 61 featuring "Car-icatures." I'll have to get some decent scans of some of the illustrations soon, so stay tooned.. git it? hahahahhhh, i kill myself. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment